When people think of Canton, Ohio… they might think of the Football Hall of Fame or the home of one of the many US Presidents from Ohio that most people won’t remember even if he temporarily had a huge mountain named after him. But just outside of Canton, Ohio is a majestic vineyard, winery & premier resort which offers a full experience of “on property amenities” that makes for an unforgettable experience. For this reason, Gervasi Vineyard is an option we highly recommend you check out for a visit of any kind.
Upon arriving at the Gervasi Vineyard entrance and passing under the ornate archway you will feel transported into a Tuscan oasis. As you drive up the driveway with the vineyards running along side you it will become apparent this isn’t your average Ohio winery. Set on a 55-acre estate in Canton, OH this once tree farm has options for everyone whether celebrating an anniversary, having a weekend getaway, or enjoying a day trip.
Three Best Things About Gervasi Vineyard
- Plethora of Food & Beverage Choices – The property offers three different restaurants as well as a coffeehouse and cocktail lounge. Located in an 1800’s barn original to the property The Bistro is the most upscale dining option featuring rustic Italian options. Reservations for the The Bistro are highly recommended, and they are closed on Mondays. Off the back of the The Bistro you can dine al fresco at The Piazza, open May – October, it is a great place to catch a game of bocce or enjoy a glass of wine near the lake. Tucked in the back corner of the winery is the The Crush House, offering modern American cuisine great for either lunch or dinner. Rounding out the food options the chapel inspired Still House is a great place for craft cocktails and coffee complete with a cigar smoking patio. Bonus Tip – on your journey home if you aren’t ready to say goodbye to their food they own and operate an additional restaurant, The Twisted Olive, in North Canton, OH.
- Overnight Accommodations – Everything about staying here is to make you feel like you are truly getting away from it all. When making your reservation you can choose from an array of add-ons from bottles of wine upon arrival to in-room spa treatments. The in-room fireplaces and luxury bathrooms are the extra special touches that elevate the rooms from a traditional hotel. Complimentary frittatas, croissants, fruit, and beverages will be delivered upon your request each morning.
- Exploring the grounds – One of the best parts of Gervasi is exploring the property itself. Walking paths around the lake and Bistro are not only relaxing but offer amazing backdrops for photos. The fall is an especially beautiful time to visit and take in the changing colors. In addition, Gervasi is a trailhead stop on a 7-mile hiking & biking trail for those who want to explore a little further.
- Shopping at the Marketplace
- Culinary Classes
- Wine Tours
- Summer Yoga on the Pavilion
- Tasting & Pairing Events
- Weekends can get exceptionally busy making reservations harder to obtain so plan well in advance
- The Bistro and Marketplace are both closed Monday
- Cigars can be purchased at the Still House for the Cigar Patio, but you may also bring your own
- In the summer pups are welcome on The Piazza on Tuesdays
- Beverages at any of the restaurants can be taken out to enjoy on a walk
Getting to Gervasi Vinyard
Located off SR 77 it is 17min from Canton Akron Regional Airport. There are obviously a wide array of rental car options at the Airport. Having your own car in North East Ohio is a must. Gervasi has plenty of free parking so that should not be concern.